Find A Local Fieldwalking Group
The groups listed below are either specific fieldwalking groups or comprise volunteers from a parent group who have an interest in archaeology and in fieldwalking. If you become a member of the Fieldwalkers you will be sent a Members Booklet that provides current details of every group. Not all groups have websites or available information and there is variation in interests and activity. If you would like to contact a group that does not have a website link please use the Contact Us page of this website and we will pass your interest and message on.
- Framland Local Archaeology Group (FLAG). Northeast Leicestershire/ Croxton Kerrial. Very active in fieldwalking and excavation at the manor house in Croxton Kerrial.
- Great Bowden Heritage Group. Interest in the heritage and archaeology of the area of Great Bowden, near Market Harborough). Very active.
- Groby & Markfield Fieldwork Group. A new group who have struggled to get members after the first initial successes so would be very pleased if you would get in contact. To contact please use the contact form on this website. Also working in Kirby Muxloe and Newtown Linford.
- Hallaton Fieldworking Group. South East Leicestershire. Very active. www.hallatonfwg.co.uk
- Hoby & Wreake Valley Fieldwork Group. Allied to Hoby Local History Society but active in the whole Wreake Valley and already finding sites in their fields.
- Hinckley Archaeological Society. South West Leicestershire. Very active, excavating and fieldwalking with programme of events and lectures.
- Ibstock Fieldwork Group – group who specialise in metal detecting and fieldwalking in the local area, plus small excavations.
- Lutterworth Fieldworkers & Archaeology Group. (Link is to Newsletter page) South Leicestershire. Telephone 01455 554124 for information or email email@example.com for further details. Active at Shawell with excavation plus fieldwalking.
- Market Bosworth Society and Bosworth Links Project. Test pitting in village over a period of 2 years. First pits done in 2017 and 2nd series will be in 2018. All welcome. For further details see the website link above.
- Melton Fieldwork Group. Group involved in fieldwalking around Melton Mowbray. Started up again recently and running lectures and meetings at Melton Carnegie Museum.
- Narborough and Littlethorpe Heritage Society History and archaeology of the local area
- Oadby and Wigston Fieldwork Group. Very active south of Leicester. Website : www.miller-art.org/owfg Contact Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rutland Local History & Record Society Very active in the field. Rutland LHRS have their own site.
- Thurcaston & Rothley Fieldwork Group. Group started up in 2017 and walking around their local area.
Young Archaeologists Club
- Leicestershire Young Archaeologists’ Club (YAC) is affiliated to the Leicestershire Fieldworkers. Members are part of the national YAC organisation run by the Council for British Archaeology (Link to CBA YAC)