Find A Local Fieldwalking Group
The groups listed below are either fieldwalking groups or comprise volunteers from a parent group who have an interest in archaeology and in fieldwalking. Not all groups have websites or available information and there is variation in interests and activity. If you would like to contact a group that does not have a website link please use the Contact Us page of this website and we will pass your interest and message on.
- Framland Local Archaeology Group (FLAG). North-east Leicestershire/ Croxton Kerrial. Very active in fieldwalking and excavation at the manor house in Croxton Kerrial. Website: http://framlandarchaeology.co.uk/
- Great Bowden Heritage Group. Interested in the heritage and archaeology of the area of Great Bowden, near Market Harborough. Very active. Website: http://greatbowdenheritage.btck.co.uk/
- Groby & Markfield Fieldwork Group. A new group who have struggled to get members after the first initial successes so would be very pleased if you would get in contact. Also working in Kirby Muxloe and Newtown Linford. To contact please use the Contact Us form on this website.
- Hallaton Fieldworking Group. South-east Leicestershire. Very active in fieldwalking, geophysical survey and excavation at Hare Pie Bank with a programme of events and lectures. Website: www.hallatonfwg.co.uk
- Hoby & Wreake Valley Fieldwork Group. Allied to Hoby Local History Society but active in the whole Wreake Valley and already finding sites in their fields.
- Hinckley Archaeological Society. South-west Leicestershire. Very active, excavating and fieldwalking with a programme of events and lectures. Website: http://www.fieldwalking.org.uk
- Ibstock Fieldwork Group. North-west Leicestershire. A group who specialise in metal detecting and fieldwalking in the local area, plus small excavations. To contact please use the Contact Us form on this website.
- Lutterworth Fieldworkers & Archaeology Group. South Leicestershire. Very active in fieldwalking and excavation at Shawell. Please contact Michael Southall for more information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01455 554124
- Market Bosworth Society and Bosworth Links Project. West Leicestershire. HLF funded test pitting in the town over a period of 2 years (2017-18) with plans for further work in 2019 and beyond. Website: http://marketbosworthsociety.com/bosworth-links/
- Melton Fieldwork Group. North-east Leicestershire. Group involved in fieldwalking around Melton Mowbray. Started up again recently and running lectures and meetings at Melton Carnegie Museum. Please contact Paul Dickinson by email on email@example.com
- Narborough and Littlethorpe Heritage Society. South-west Leicestershire. Interested in the history and archaeology of the local area. To contact please use the Contact Us form on this website.
- Oadby and Wigston Fieldwork Group. South Leicestershire. Very active south of Leicester. Website: www.miller-art.org/owfg Please contact Elaine King for more information. Email: Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rutland Local History & Record Society. Rutland. Very active in the field. Website: http://www.rutlandhistory.org/archaeology.htm
- Thurcaston & Rothley Fieldwork Group. North Leicestershire. Group started up in 2017 and walking around their local area. To contact please use the Contact Us form on this website.
Young Archaeologists Club
- Leicestershire Young Archaeologists’ Club (YAC), part of the national Young Archaeologists’ Club run by the Council For British Archaeology (CBA), is affiliated with the Leicestershire Fieldworkers. Website: https://leicestershireyac.wordpress.com/